February 24, 2010

Switch Off & UnPlug Please!

When I was still a teenager, I never really cared much about our energy consumption at home.

I would leave my computer, radio, electric fan and lights on when I leave my room regardless if I'll be coming back after 15 minutes or after more than an hour.

Global Warming was in it's pre-historic era back then... In other words, we didn't care...

When My S and I were starting out our first year of marriage, bills were not a problem. I mean, we were both working, so it never dented our monthly income. So again, we didn't care...

Then I got pregnant...

And it was a very emotional pregnancy! (Oh mercy!)

I would watch the news, read some articles on-line or hear stories from my colleagues and I would be crying in minutes! Bad news made me feel sad, good news made me cry of joy.

So to save you from all of those basket-case stories, I'll just say, that I got more interested about this world and it's current situation.

Not for me nor for My S.

But for the baby growing inside of me...

I started thinking of how my baby would grow up what with battling global warming and all!

So I did my research on how to help save the world from global warming.



The mother of all tips is this -- Switch Off and UnPlug when Not in Use!

It's so simple but so effective!

Before trying this energy-saving method, our electric bill was around Php 2000. But after starting this method, it went down to almost Php 1100! Php 900 in savings!

We have then incorporated this method into our lifestyle because it gives us extra cash and more importantly, we are helping in the fight against Global Warming For Our Kids...

I will have other blog posts describing in particular how to further cut down energy-consumption.

But for now, let's call it a day, power off the computer and unplug the power cord...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails