February 25, 2010

Recycling Plastic Utensils

Whenever we buy take-out or have food delivered, I noticed that the restaurant or fast food gives us a lot of plastic eating utensils.

We really don't have use for them since we're gonna eat the food at home where we have our own eating utensils.




I hate throwing plastic since it just ends up in the landfill for a long time. So I kept these utensils in another plastic container (I'm really big on recycling!).

Before I knew it, I had enough utensils to be used by a small army (okay, exaggerating here)!

But anyway, I've come up with some things on how to recycle these plastic utensils:

1.
On picnics. We often go on an unplanned picnic every so often. And whenever we do, I just bring these plastic utensils so that we wouldn't have so much stuff to bring back home. I just make sure that I throw the used plastic utensils in the recycling bin of the vicinity.

2. During parties. Instead of buying new plastic eating utensils for your party, why not use the unused fast food plastic eating utensils instead? It can save you around Php 200. You can use that money to buy additional food or favors for your party.

3. For packed-lunches. I pack My S lunch to bring to work everyday, along with that goes a plastic spoon & fork that he can use. You can do the same.

4. As plant support. My mom-in-law is really into gardening. And when one of her seedlings are a little bit droopy, she uses a plastic spoon as a supporter.

5. As a coffee stirrer at work. If you are into coffee or hot chocolate during your shift, keep one plastic spoon together with your mug or tumbler so that you can use it as a stirrer.

6. As toys. My boys use some plastic spoons as road tracks for their cars. You can also use these for play doughs. And even pretend-cooking playtime.

You may have noticed that we saved a little amount of money on this tip.

But a little goes a long way if you add them up...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails