February 25, 2010

The Energy Vampires

Nope, this is not about those people who suck energy from you (i.e. negative and melodramatic people).

This is about the energy-sucking vampires in your own home!

Check this image from GOOD Magazine:



Those lines are the energy that your appliances consume while they are still plugged in (even if you're not using them)!

So it means that even if you power-off your TVs and DVD players, they will still consume energy if they are kept plugged to the wall sockets.

And as per this article, you can save more than $50 a year if you start unplugging those appliances.

My family and I have incorporated this into our lifestyle and this is what I've noticed.

My parents-in-law have the same amount of appliances that we do, there are 3 adults in their household and almost half of the day, nobody's at home - their monthly electric bill: more or less Php 2500.

Our family (composed of me, My S and our 2 toddler sons) stays at home almost the whole day (except for My S who goes to work). Our monthly electric bill: more or less Php 1200!

I am not sure how my parents-in-law get to consume that much, but they have had it checked with the electric company, and it is accurate.

What we do in our house is just so simple but it works - we unplug it when we're not using it.

May it be the electric fan, the TV, the DVD player, the PC, the rice cooker and even the chargers!

Eliminate the Energy Vampires in your home and see for yourself how much you can save on your monthly electric bills.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails