February 24, 2010

Make Your Own Baby Wipes

I'm a mommy of 2 toddler boys. And when they were still babies, I was so frustrated on finding the best baby wipes so that they would not get rashes.

I checked the internet back then and found some baby wipes "recipes" that worked for me.

I would link back to that blog if only I could remember the URL, but sadly, I don't (baby brain!). I tried searching it in google but I can't find it.
Anyway...


You would need a roll of paper towels for this project (no, not the usual tissue roll). If you are a member of S&R or a frequent buyer of Puregold, you would find these rolls on sale more often than not.



Recipe #1:

2 tablespoons of baby wash
2 tablespoons of olive oil or lavender oil
2 cups of water

Recipe # 2:

2 tablespoons of baby wash
2 tablespoons of olive oil or lavender oil

2-3 drops of tea-tree oil
2 cups of water

Recipe # 3:

1/4 cup aloe vera gel

2-3 drops of tea-tree oil
2 cups of hot water

All you need to do is mix the ingredients in a clean bowl.


Cut the roll of paper towel in half using a clean sharp knife (or an electric bread cutter).

In a cleaned tissue holder (or circula
r plastic container), place half of the roll of tissue and then pour the mixture, making sure that every surface gets wet with it. Then take out the cardboard roll. And there you have it, your home-made baby wipes!




This is cost-efficient as well since baby wipes can cost twice as much as tissue paper.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails